Job Summary: The Medical University of South Carolina College of Medicine seeks qualified applicants for the role of Associate Dean for Curriculum and Assessment. The Associate Dean for Curriculum and Assessment is charged with oversight of the development, implementation and ongoing renewal of curriculum and assessment for the MD degree program. The Associate Dean for Curriculum and Assessment directly oversees the preclerkship Assistant Dean for Clinical Integration, the Assistant Dean for Assessment, Evaluation and Quality Improvement, and the Director of Educational Technology and Curriculum Support, and collaborates with the Associate Dean for Clinical Education.
• PhD or MD degree
• A minimum of five years of experience in undergraduate medical education with demonstration of experience and expertise in curriculum and assessment development and management.
• Experience with LCME accreditation.
• Demonstrated commitment to educational innovation and scholarship.
• Evidence of effective leadership, team-building and administrative skills.
• Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
The Associate Dean for Curriculum and Assessment role requires 80% effort. Support for the remainder of the effort will be determined based on the applicant’s academic, clinical and/or research interests, the qualifications of the applicant, and the needs of the home department. This tenure-track faculty position reports to the Senior Associate Dean for Medical Education.
Applicants are asked to submit a letter of intent that describes the applicant’s interest in the position and relevant experience, their current curriculum vitae, a statement of their teaching philosophy, and the names and contact information for four professional references to:
Anne Bergin, MS
LCME Manager of Accreditation
MUSC College of Medicine Dean’s Office
Please direct questions about the position to:
Donna Kern, MD
Senior Associate Dean for Medical Education
Assistant Dean for Patient Safety and Simulation
Associate Professor, Department of Family Medicine
MUSC College of Medicine
Thank you for your interest in working at MUSC!